One of the most common reasons our clients give for looking at Business Class airfares to Europe is that they want / need the extra space on such a long flight (and a lie flat seat). The Emirates mixed Business Class / Economy Class airfare makes this a more affordable option on a premium airline.
There are a number of reasons that space and lie flat seats in Business Class appeal - from taller travellers wanting the extra space to travellers with pre-existing medical conditions concerned about the effect the economy class seat will have on their health.
In my recent blog I addressed whether "cheaper" Business Class airfares meant missing out. Although new airline competition has made Business Class travel from New Zealand to Europe much cheaper, the opportunity to travel to Europe with an established premium airline such as Emirates is enticing.
This is where the Emirates "Mixed Class" airfare to Europe comes into play. The mixed class allows passengers to:
1. Fly Business Class on the longest part of the flight from New Zealand to Dubai (approximately 17 hours)
2. Fly Economy Class on the shorter part of the onward flight from Dubai to Europe (approximately 7 hours based on Dubai to Amsterdam).
The same applies on the return journey (Economy Class to Dubai and Business Class back to New Zealand).
Now admittedly, 7 hours in Economy Class is still well down the list of things that most travellers look forward to (even if it is an Economy Class as spacious as the Emirates A380). However, the things to keep in mind are:
- The Savings: We are seeing Emirates mixed class specials to Europe from under well under $6,000 when compared with full Business Class specials of over $7,000.
- Chauffeur Drive to the Airport: As an Emirates Business Class passenger from New Zealand you will generally be entitled to a complimentary chauffeur driven transfer to and from the airport (note this doesn't apply to the Economy Class part of the journey).
- Lounge Access and Premium Check In: Available in New Zealand and then in Dubai for the return flight to New Zealand (again, this doesn't apply to the Economy Class part of the journey).
- Discounted Dubai Stopovers: Emirates offers discounted stop over packages in Dubai for you to break up the journey even further with a relaxing stopover (as well as exploring such an amazing city).
The Emirates A380 and the Emirates crew continue to offer a remarkable Business Class experience that is loyally supported by many Fine Travel clients.