Swan Hellenic has set the benchmark in ‘small ship’ discovery cruising. Founded back in 1954 by the Swan family when tough currency restrictions were in place in the UK the objective was to offer fully inclusive cruises to the Mediterranean and to have them accompanied by eminent guest speakers to talk in depth about the ports visited. Sixty years on and Swan Hellenic has moved far beyond the Mediterranean whilst at the same time building its now renowned Guest Speaker Programme and operating to some of the world’s most intriguing destinations.
Swan Hellenic’s flagship, ms ‘Minerva’ carries just 350 guests and runs along the style of a country house hotel with elegant and understated accommodation, spacious lounges and comfortable bars. Kiwi travellers will really welcome the fully inclusive style of cruising –
- Shore excursions . A selection of shore excursions in all major ports worth about $1400 per person.
- All gratuities to waiters, stewardesses,hairdressers, porters, drivers & guides.
- Port taxes
- All meals with open-seating dining. Breakfast, lunch & dinner with a choice of two restaurants. Morning coffee & afternoon tea. Complimentary tea & coffee from 6.00am to 10.00pm.
- Captain’s Gala Nights. Two Gala Nights are held per 15 night cruise, including cocktail parties, a la carte dinner and complimentary wines.
- A wide selection of engaging on-board activities. Depending on the cruise itinerary onboard workshops might include art, bridge or choral workshops, photography, yoga or tai chi. In the evenings enjoy a carefully selected programme of refined entertainment.
- World class guest speakers. A panel of eminent guest speakers travels on each cruise who look forward to sharing their enthusiasm and expertise with you.
‘Minerva’ cruises the world and no itinerary is the same. Currently in Asia she will cruise back to Europe via India in a series of fifteen night cruises before spending the northern hemisphere summer cruising in European waters. The end of 2015 will see ‘Minerva’ undertake two very interesting trans-Atlantic voyages along with a series of South & Central American cruises including a transit of the Panama Canal.
If you have a preference to cruise in the company of likeminded travellers with a love of good conversation and really experience new destinations then Swan Hellenic is a very serious option to consider. Book early as Swan Hellenic cruises fill fast due to high repeat business.