One of the most common reasons Fine Travel clients give for looking at Business Class airfares to the UK / Europe is that they want (or need) a lie-flat seat and the extra space on such a long flight. The Emirates Mixed Business Class / Economy Class airfare makes this a more affordable option on a premium airline.
There are a number of reasons that space and lie flat seats in Business Class appeal - from taller travellers wanting the extra space to travellers with medical conditions concerned about the effect an Economy Class seat will have on their health.
Although new airline competition has made Business Class travel from New Zealand to the UK / Europe more affordable than in the past, the opportunity to travel to the UK / Europe with an established premium airline such as Emirates is enticing. This is where the Emirates "Mixed Class" airfare to Europe comes into play. The Mixed Class airfare allows passengers to:
1. Fly Business Class on the longest part of the flight from New Zealand to Dubai (approximately 17 hours)
2. Fly Economy Class on the shorter part of the onward flight from Dubai to Europe (approximately 7 hours based on Dubai to Amsterdam).
The same applies on the return journey (Economy Class to Dubai and Business Class back to New Zealand).
Now admittedly, 7 hours in Economy Class is still well down the list of things that most travellers look forward to. However, the things to keep in mind are:
- The Savings: We are seeing Emirates Mixed Class airfares to the UK / Europe from $1,000 to $1,500pp cheaper than Business Class specials.
- Chauffeur Drive to the Airport: As an Emirates Business Class passenger from New Zealand you will generally be entitled to a complimentary chauffeur driven transfer to and from the airport (note this doesn't apply to the Economy Class part of the journey).
- Lounge Access and Premium Check In: Available in New Zealand and then in Dubai for the return flight to New Zealand (again, this doesn't apply to the Economy Class part of the journey).
- Discounted Dubai Stopovers: Emirates offers discounted stop over packages in Dubai for you to break up the journey even further with a relaxing stopover (as well as exploring such an amazing city).
- Luggage Allowance: You benefit from the Business Class luggage allowance
The Emirates A380 and the Emirates crew continue to offer a remarkable Business Class experience that is loyally supported by many Fine Travel clients.