Experience one of the world’s wildest, most enchanting and culturally rich coastal routes as you circumnavigate the Emerald Isle. Along the way you’ll encounter ruined castles, quiet lakes, natural wonders and some legendary characters. As a “Country Roads” Insight Vacations Tour you’re taken off the beaten track, to explore Ireland in a bit more detail. Insight Vacations will whisk you off along Country Roads – far from the well-trodden tourist trail – to explore hidden retreats and enjoy local produce at its best with Farm-to-Table dining.
- Dublin: Enjoy VIP priority entrance to the Book of Kells and a guided walk though Trinity College with a university insider.
- Kildare: Join an equine professional for a behind-the-scenes look at the Irish National Stud. Then visit the finest Japanese Gardens in Europe, for a ‘journey through life' as you wander by the beautiful floral displays.
- Kilkenny: Kilkenny has the greatest amount of All-Ireland titles of its national sport of hurling. Meet a player to gain an exciting insight into this unique Irish cultural experience, through a demonstration of skill.
- Killarney: Hear the history, legend and folklore of Killarney from a local Jarvey, while on-board a famous jaunting car ride.
- Londonderry: There's no better way to experience sightseeing than with one of Northern Ireland's best storytellers, Ronan, as he takes you on a tour inside the city walls. See the Gothic Guildhall and the Georgian houses of Shipquay Street.
- Belfast: Meet Hilda, a true Belfast local, having lived in the same house her entire life. During your panoramic tour, hear the history of the city and learn why Hilda is proud of its progress and current prosperity. You'll also see the City Hall, Queen's University, Parliament Building at Stormont and murals in different locations indicating political sentiments of local residents.
- Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the Custom House, Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle and the Georgian townhouses as you travel down O'Connell Street and along the River Liffey.
- Cahir: See one of the largest castles in Ireland.
- Cork: Relish this university city with its interesting waterways and grand Georgian parades of houses.
- Blarney: Dangle from the ramparts to kiss the Stone of Eloquence, and never be lost for words again!
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lush lakelands and remote villages, as you travel the magical Ring of Kerry. Journey through Sneem, pass the Black Mountains, Moll's Gap and admire Queen Victoria's Ladies View.
- Dingle Peninsula: Enjoy a scenic drive to Slea Head.
- Adare: Experience a village walk through the main street lined with thatched cottages.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and overlook the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Galway: Enjoy an orientation tour of the many landmarks in Galway such as the Lynch Memorial, Church of St. Nicholas, Spanish Arch and Eyre Square.
- Drumcliffe: Visit the final resting place of Irish poet William Butler Yeats.
- Giant's Causeway: Learn about the towering hexagonal basalt columns - a geological spectacle to behold.
- Ballygally: Explore this seaside town with your Travel Director.
- Carrickfergus: See the immense Castle as your drive around it.
- Scenic Drives: Irish scenery is some of the most beautiful in the world. Relax and admire the views as your travel past the Derrynasaggart Mountains, the Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, Burren, the Blue Stack Mountains of Donegal and the Antrim Coast.
- Killarney: Join John and his wife, Freda for drinks and a personal insight into classic Irish recipes that are loved throughout the world. Your Farm-to-Table experience is all about locally-sourced ingredients prepared with skill, so that you can taste the freshness in every mouthful.
- Ballygally: The Irish call it 'craic' - the warm feeling resulting from the confluence of music, drink, good food, laughter, and conversation. And after circumnavigating the Emerald Isle, there's bound to be a fair share of craic at your grand finale Celebration Dinner. Sláinte!
Planning your holiday with Fine Travel
We aim to give our clients the comfortable that all aspects of their holiday are organised. When you book your Insight Vacations tour through us, you can also take advantage of:
- “Earlybird” and repeat client discounts that Insight Vacations offers.
- Our experience working with the various airlines that fly between New Zealand and the UK / Europe to help you find suitable flights.
- Our ability to book accommodation through New Zealand’s largest travel wholesale companies and international brands such as Expedia and Bookings.com).
- Our role as a single point of contact for the different suppliers involved in your holiday. We can deal with the airlines, hotels, tour companies, insurance companies etc. on your behalf.