From the great capital of Edinburgh to the Orkney Islands and Skye, you’ll travel through 8,000 years of history and become immersed in Scotland’s rich cultural heritage.
As a “Country Roads” Insight Vacations Tour you’re taken off the beaten track, to explore Scotland in a bit more detail. Insight Vacations will whisk you off along Country Roads – far from the well-trodden tourist trail – to explore hidden retreats and enjoy local produce at its best with Farm-to-Table dining.
Highlights & Dining Experiences
- Orkney Isles: Across the windswept Orkney Islands lie relics spanning human history, from pagan stone circles to reminders of wartime tragedy. Join a Local Expert for a fascinating journey into its history.
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. For a limited time in August, witness the incredible spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- Edinburgh: Walk with a Local Expert within the walls of the Castle to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, Stone of Destiny and Mons Meg.
- Edinburgh: Your Local Expert reveals why this is Scotland's City of Culture. Explore the city as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- St. Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from 'Chariots of Fire' was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created.
- Pitlochry: Visit this town, famous for its salmon leap.
- Inverness: See the River Ness, Inverness Castle and take in the scenery around you as you hear about the beauty and history behind Inverness.
- Highlands: At the exciting Culloden Visitor Centre, discover why the Battle of Culloden lasted only an hour yet changed the Highland way of life forever.
- Loch Ness: Drive along the shores in search of the legendary monster.
- John O'Groats: Visit Britain’s most northerly, yet tiny, mainland village.
- Isle of Skye: See the dramatic Cuillin Hills and stay in pretty Broadford.
- Eilean Donan: Stop for a photo of this gorgeous castle.
- Fort William: Enjoy an excellent view of Ben Nevis from the World War II Commando Memorial.
- Glencoe: Your Travel Director will lead you on an orientation of this Highland village on Loch Leven.
- Loch Lomond: Enjoy time to explore the beautiful 'Queen of Scottish Lochs'.
- Glasgow: During your orientation with your Travel Director, drive past the civic buildings and St. Mungo’s Cathedral.
- Scenic Drives: Scottish countryside is some of the most majestic in the world. Admire the beauty of the Grampian Mountains, the North West Highlands, Skye, the Valley of Glencoe and Loch Lomond.
- Ballindalloch: Visit one of the few remaining inhabited castle's of Scotland and enjoy Farm-to-Table cuisine with Scottish Tea and Scones.
- Wick: Whisky's are known for their distinctive flavours, often bursting with the power and subtlety of the sea. Share a wee dram with a master distiller who imparts the age-old techniques of whisky production.
- Glencoe: Your adventure culminates with a wonderful Celebration Dinner. Enjoy the best Highland hospitality and market-fresh ingredients accompanied by delicious wine or beer.
Planning your holiday with Fine Travel
We aim to give our clients the comfort that all aspects of their holiday are organised. When you book your Insight Vacations tour through Fine Travel, you can also take advantage of:
- “Earlybird” and repeat client discounts that Insight Vacations offers.
- Our experience working with the various airlines that fly between New Zealand and the UK / Europe to help you find suitable flights.
- Our ability to book accommodation through New Zealand’s largest travel wholesale companies and international brands such as Expedia and Bookings.com).
- Our role as a single point of contact for the different suppliers involved in your holiday. We can deal with the airlines, hotels, tour companies, insurance companies etc. on your behalf.